m802 8-Channel Reference Microphone Preamplifier with Remote (+ optional A/D)
Possibly the world’s most evolved mic preamplifier, the m802 delivers functionality and performance which simply doesn’t exist in any other mic amp design.
The core is a high fidelity 8 channel microphone preamplifier designed to be extremely transparent and musical. But that’s just the beginning. The m802 is fully remote controllable. With our full featured stand alone hardware RCU (optional), up to 64 channels (a system of 8 m802’s) can be addressed and controlled seamlessly from up to 1000’ away. All preamplifier functions, including gain, phase, 48V phantom are instantly accessible and adjustable. These settings can then all be stored into preset locations and instantly recalled.
The m802 can also be controlled directly from Digidesign® ProTools|HD® systems, compatible control surfaces and many other MIDI devices. Working with Digidesign®, we have adapted their control spec to directly address the m802 as an integrated part of a ProTools|HD® system. Additionally, the m802 can be controlled by a wide variety of MIDI mappable devices, making it easily integrated into a wide variety of remote recording situations.
Next, consider the optional 8 channel 24bit/192kHz A/D card option. Developed as the perfect complement to the m802 mic preamplifier design, this converter card provides pristine, musical A/D conversion to rival even the finest stand alone units available. Included is our proprietary unique s-Lock™ dual stage PLL for extremely low intrinsic jitter and rock solid digital performance.
The m802 now includes ribbon mic mode, which shifts the preamplifier’s entire gain range up 10dB, while deactivating 48V phantom power, optimizing input impedance and bypassing the decoupling capacitors.
DPA® 4000 series 130V microphones are widely regarded as some of the finest reference-quality microphones available. Yet, with their unique 130V power requirement, preamplifier options for these mics are quite limited. So we have made the m802 an excellent complement for DPA® microphones by adding a 130V power option, available on a per channel pair basis.
While the m802 works beautifully as a stand alone mic preamplifier, the optional Remote Control Unit (RCU) provides fantastic ergonomics and enhanced system control. This updated RCU now offers dedicated individual channel select switches and a new highly visible blue LED numeric display for channel gain settings. Both the RCU and the m802 now come with a high contrast, neutral backlight LCD.
Whatever your application, we invite you to discover the remarkable sonic performance, functionality and reliability of the new m802. We’re confident that it will help you make the finest recordings of your career.
- fast, musical transimpedance amplifier architecturefully balanced, transformeless design
- flexible digital metering with peak hold and reset
- controllable from Digidesign® ProTools|HD® systems and compatible control surfaces (and many other MIDI devices)
- dual high-current outputs (XLR+D-Sub) drive long cable runs and loads down to 50 Ohms
- fast, efficient Philips I2C serial protocol to control preamplifiers from up to 1000 feet away
- gain range of -7dB to +63dB in 1.5 dB steps
- new selectable ribbon mic mode
- channel group mode (perfect for stereo pairs, subgroups)
- RCU able to address up to 8 units (64 channels)
- front panel lockout mode
- large neutral backlit LCD display
- 15 User preset memory locations, for saving preamplifier settings (gain, phantom power, phase)
- 130V phantom power available, per channel pair, for DPA microphones
A/D CONVERTER FEATURES
- Absolute purist A/D converter performance: 24 bit, 44.1kHz – 192kHz sample rates
- Outputs include 2x8ch AES3 on DB25, 1x8ch AES3-id on 4 BNC connectors (supports double wire mode)
- Optional ADAT optical output module. Supports s/MUX for 88.2-96kHz sample rates
- Multiple clock sources: Internal crystal, external word clock and Digidesign™ loop sync
- wordclock in and out, clock output can be word clock in, recovered word clock or internal ref word clock
- s-Lock™ dual stage PLL for extremely low jitter without sample rate conversion
- Ultra pure high performance analog front end
- Very low distortion conversion: 0.0002% THD+N
- Low phase noise, wide lock PLL for external clock. Locks to Fs +/- 8%
- Extremely low jitter s-Lock™ crystal based PLL
- 8 channel AES3-id/IEC60958 (S/PDIF) outputs on BNC
- Single wire and dual wire operation (8 channels on DB25, 4 channels on BNC)
- All ADC parameters are adjustable from the m802RCU or m802 front panel
- All data outputs are transformer coupled
Ask a question about this product
Grace Design m802 Manual (1,04 MB)